At American Dream Kitchen or "ADK", we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
The second part is a specific discussion of some of these same issues, but also explains your rights as a California resident under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and discusses certain additional disclosures and rights.
American Dream Kitchen is a professional kitchen and bathroom remodeling company based in Northern California. We specialize in American-made kitchen cabinets, natural and fabricated stone, and all things that can turn your kitchen and bathroom into a work of art!
At ADK we also work with affiliates, distributors or suppliers. These are companies that may manufacture, distribute, finance and install our products and services to consumers, and may also host our internet web sites and provide us information on consumers interested in our products and services. Some of those affiliates have their own individual websites.
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data from how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive personal data from third parties.
The personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, survey responses and other information you may provide about yourself to our site, your IP address and web browser software.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us, but in general some personal data about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from ADK and its partners.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Information that you provide to us: We receive and store any personal data you enter on our websites or give us in any other way. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you complete any sort of credit application with a third-party to finance a purchase of Reborn products and services, we may see that information as well.
- Information about others: You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our websites. If you "Refer a Friend" or if you purchase products or services for someone else through ADK, you will need to submit that individual's personal data. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal data.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain information from your computer or mobile device when you visit our website or any of our affiliates' web pages that are hosted by us. For example, we collect your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. To help us analyze the usage of our websites and related services, and to send more relevant communications to you, we also collect and keep track of your online activity at our website, such as content viewed and pages visited.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may call, text, email or send to you marketing messages with information about ADK deals and product news, offers and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting or informative.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested them, or if you purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from ADK, we will continue to send to contact you regarding your purchases and regarding administrative and service-related information such as warranty servicing and installation scheduling. We reserve the right to send you other non-marketing communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your ADK account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
We may store the personal data and submissions you make to ADK (your "Content") and share it with our affiliates, distributors or suppliers, and use it for promotional purposes. ADK may share your personal data with other parties, including service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
- Social Media Services. If you connect to ADK using Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest, we may show you reviews, photos and comments that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on ADK. Note that, if you have Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest friends who are using ADK, they may also share personal data about you with us through those channels. If you wish to prevent that sharing, please review your Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest privacy settings. You may also be able to choose to access third-party social media websites and services through ADK. When you do so, you are sharing personal data with those sites, and the personal data you share is governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
- Service Providers. Some of the personal data we collect is shared with service providers (our affiliates, distributors or suppliers) who are directly involved in fulfilling the purchases you have made from us. We only provide our service providers with the necessary information (e.g., your name, address for installation work, your local phone number, your mobile phone number, etc.).
- Third Party Vendors. We may also share your personal data with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect personal data on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect personal data only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the personal data for any other purpose. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website.
- Referring Websites. If you were referred to ADK from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and home remodeling and improvement preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites' use of personal data and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to ADK.
We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular products we sell. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest. How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Cookies and Other Web Technologies
We collect personal data via cookies and similar technologies. "Cookies" are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard disk, for record-keeping purposes. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use, but they do not normally identify you personally. Your browser sends these cookies back to us every time you revisit our web site, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Please note that if you choose to delete ADK cookies, your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted. How We Protect Your Personal Data
At ADK we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your personal data. We have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
We seek to store your personal data in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data you provide to us will be secure at all times. ADK will rely on you telling us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to ADK and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem. External Links
Under the CCPA, we want to clarify to you that we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. This information is called "personal information" under CCPA.
Personal information does not include:
How We Collect Personal Information
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain certain categories of personal information (listed as A though K, below) from certain sources:
Use of Personal Information under CCPA
- Directly from our customers. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you complete any sort of credit application with a third-party to finance a purchase of ADK products and services, we may see that information as well.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.AmericanDreamKitchen.com) . For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, most commonly this would be to fulfill your interest in, or purchase of, ADK products and services.
- To provide you with information on ADK products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. Sharing Personal Information under CCPA
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose (using the listed A though K categories from above):
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers, such as individuals and companies that may manufacture, distribute, finance and install our products and services to consumers, and may also host our internet web sites and provide us information on consumers interested in our products and services.
- Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information. "sold" means the disclosure of personal information to a third-party for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not consider personal information as "sold" if, as discussed above, it was disclosed for a business purpose to those individuals and companies that were necessary to fulfill your transaction with us, such as to sell or install our products and services to you. Your Rights and Choices under CCPA
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. Right to Understand and Receive Your Specific Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Your Specific Information
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales of personal information, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures of personal information for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third-parties to use for their purposes unless you later direct us to do so. Right to Delete Your Specific Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
Exercising Your Rights
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request (which we explain below) to us by either:
- Calling us at 916-900-1777
- sending us email request to Info@AmericanDreamKitchen.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For example, we will not provide social security numbers, driver's license numbers or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
American Dream Kitchen
Attn: Privacy Officer
1851 Heritage Ln, Ste A
Sacramento, CA 95815
Email: Info@ AmericanDreamKitchen.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.